Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who will save her?

I have tried to reach out to my mother. It's impossible. I can never tell if she is being sincere, if she actually feels vulnerable, or if she is putting on a show, trying to get attention, or wanting pity. Even when I tell her how the things she does makes me feel, and what I would prefer to happen and why, she might put on appearance of "trying." But she always, without fail, falls back on her old ways. I've pretty much given up. If anyone's going to show her that it's okay to be vulnerable and help her find herself, it's going to have to be someone else. I've asked her a few times to seek help/therapy and she's tried to go only once. When the therapist told her things she didn't want to hear, that was the last time my mother went.

Only a miracle can save her from herself. Or save her self. Her little child is in some kind of indefinite hibernation, slowed heart and very cold, and nothing can wake her up. She's insulated inside of some kind of incredibly chitinous egg shell and has venomous beasts circling around with open maws, spitting venom, swiping claws, and sticky tentacles. It would be too painful to help her get out of that shell, and she's so comfortable inside of it now, I don't think she wants to wake up and come out. She is more comfortable with the dreams of herself and doesn't see the nightmare she's become.

No comments: